The implementation of education in the Faculty of Industrial Technology follows certain system known as Credit Points (SKS), that is system using credit point (SKS) unit as student’s load and lecturer’s load in the process of teaching and learning. Education level in the Faculty of Industrial Technology has minimum 144 credit units of study load with curriculum of 8 to 14 semesters and could be completed in minimum 7 semesters. Study Progtam of Undergraduate is an integrated learning unit organized based on the stipulated curriculum to produce a bachelor. The purpose of this Study Program implementation listed in the Guidance Book of Undergraduate Program Trisakti University. There are currently 5 Study Programs in the Faculty of Industrial Technology:
Undergraduate Education managed in the following 4 Departments:
- Study Program in Mechanical Engineering, managed by Mechanical Engineering Department with 4 of the following concentrations:
- Energy Conversion
- Machine Construction.
- Formation Production and Material Engineering
- Manufacture Engineering
- Study Program in Mechanical Engineering, managed by Mechanical Engineering Department with 5 of the following concentrations:
- Electric Energy Engineering.
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Control Engineering.
- Electronic Engineering.
- Computer System Engineering
- Study Program in Industrial Engineering, managed by Industrial Engineering Department.
- Study Program in Informatics Engineering, managed by Informatics Engineering Department with 2 of the following concentrations:
- Software Engineering (Data processing and Computer Graphic and Multimedia)
- Information Security
- Study Program in Information System, managed by Informatics Engineering Department.
Curriculum applied in the Faculty of Industrial Technology is a combination of national course (national curriculum) compilation for each Study Program and local contents that present characteristic and specificity desired by the respective Study Program. Each curriculum generally has the following composition:
- Personality Development Course (MPK), discussion and course group that support competency for self-development to become mature and high emotional intellectual student.
- Science and Skill Course (MKK), science competency discussion and course group
- Work-related Skill Course (MKB), discussion and course group that support competency to transform idea into actual work.
- Course for Professional Domain (MPB), discussion and course group that support attitude or behavior required to develop creativity and innovation.
- Life Course Skill (MBB), discussion and course group that support understanding social life principle according to expertise at work.
From the respective five compositions, Personality Development Course (MPK) carried out integrally and managed by the Faculty of Industrial Technology through Sub-Division of Lecturing and Examination Administration, including the following Courses: Religion (Islam, Christian, Catholic, Buddha, Hindu), Indonesian Language, Citizenship Education, and State Philosophy. Science and Skill Course (MKK), Work-related Skill Course (MKB), Course for Professional Domain (MPB) and Life Course Skill (MBB) are managed by the respective Study Program.
STUDENT’S STUDY LOAD
Total attainable study load of each student in every semester depend on student achievement stated as Grade Point (IP) in previous semester. Grade Point (IP) indicates student average achievement grade in end of semester that reflect the quality result of teaching and learning process. Grade Point stated in numbers with two numbers behind comma, calculated using the following formula:
IP = Σ (K x N) / Σ K
With K and N respectively are credit weight and grade of each course completed by student.
Semester Grade Point (IPS), is grade point of learning and teaching process in one semester. Therefore, IPS calculated using above formula, meanwhile course calculated are only course taken in the respective semester.
The following table explains student credit load limitation for each Grade Point interval
|IP attainment||Total credits (sks)|
|2,50 - 2,99||22|
|2,00 - 2,49||20|
|1,50 - 1,99||18|
|1,00 - 1,49||16|
Grade Point Average (IPK), is grade point of teaching and learning process during students participate in teaching and learning process, since initial and end period of becoming student or until the time of evaluation. Therefore, IPK calculated using above formula. In this matter, the equalized grade is the best grade from each course taken.
TEACHING AND LEARNING ACTIVITY
- Teaching and Learning activity carried out according to stipulated academic calendar.
- Direct meeting activity carried out at least 12 times from total lecturing.
- Student still allowed to take Final Semester Examination, if their presence in following total lecturing is minimum 70%.
- Examination is student mastery and comprehension grading concerning certain course conducted by Study Program.
- Course examination for teaching usually carried out minimum twice in one semester, namely Middle Semester Examination (UTS) and Final Semester Examination (UAS).
- In order to maintain the implementation of Middle Semester Examination (UTS) and Final Semester Examination (UAS), the Faculty of Industrial Technology stipulates the order and procedure of examination.
- Semester Final Grade (number) indicated by letter symbol as conversion from semester final grade as seen in the following Table.
Correlation between Grade in Letter, Weight and Number:
|A||4.00||80 ≤ n ≤ 100|
|A-||3.75||77 ≤ n < 80|
|B+||3.50||74 ≤ n < 77|
|B||3.00||68 ≤ n < 74|
|B-||2.75||65 ≤ n < 68|
|C+||2.50||62 ≤ n < 65|
|C||2.00||56 ≤ n < 62|
|D||1.00||45 ≤ n < 56|
|E||0||N < 45|
Remedial Program for Study Results (PPHB) is program conducted by the Faculty of Industrial Technology that designed for student who failed in regular semester which implemented in one semester before. This program implemented by each Program Study shall be adjusted to the ability of sources available in the respective Study Program. According to that matter, PPHB conducted in the Faculty of Industrial Technology could also be called as Remedial Semester (SP). PPHB organized with purpose to provide opportunity for student to raise Grade Point (IP) and nurturing student potentially drop out as they unable to collect (Nx10) credits, in which N reflects study period in the semester has been taken.
- Considering that Final Project is closing course and Final Session is final examination before certain student is recognized to be graduated as bachelor, then the Faculty require to organize Pra-judicium Defend as mechanism to evaluate whether the student registering or not for Final Project Session and has complied the requirements.
- Student is recognized to have graduated in Final Project Session if final letter grade provided by Examiner Team is minimum C.
- Judicium Session is student final evaluation, to determine whether student pass Undergraduate (S-1) program and eligible to be inaugurated.
- Grade Point Average (in two digits) as determination for Undergraduate Program graduation predicate:
GPA 2.00 – 2.75 : Satisfactory
GPA 2.76 – 3.50 : Highly Satisfactory
GPA 3.51 – 4.00 : Cum Laude