Physics as a basic science of engineering is crucial course for student of the Faculty of Engineering as Physics is a basic in understanding engineering science. Understanding physics is not sufficiently carried out merely through literature or lecturing but also need to be accompanied with actual experiment and modeling for Physics symptoms so that student could see, observe and calculate directly the happening Physics Phenomena. Therefore Basic Physics practices become an integrated part from Basic Physics courses.
In the practices activity of Physics, modules provided have been adjusted with development and need of industries. Therefore Physics Library not merely serve as practices service but also as practical work as well as final project facilities.
STRUCTURE AND PERSONNEL
In its activity implementation, Physics Laboratory is managed by Laboratory Head assisted by Practice Head coordinated by Practice Coordinator. The following are Physics Laboratory Personnel:
Laboratory Head : Drs. Bambang Cholis S., MSc.
Practice Coordinator : Ir. Harumi Yuniarti, MSc.
Mechanical and Thermal Practice Head : Ir. Harumi Yuniarti, MSc.
Electric-Magnet Practice Head : Drs. Moh. Najih, MSc.
Optical and Sound Practice Head : Drs. Moh. Najih, MSc.
PHYSICS LABORATORY INSTRUCTIONAL GOALS
After following Physics Practice, practiciants are expected to be able to:
- Understand the basic concept of Physics science in practice activity in Laboratory.
- Identify, use and discover how to read scale in several measurement tools correctly and precisely.
- Analyze measurement results and data processing by applying uncertainty theory.
- Identify and understand experiment methods.
- Understand Physics phenomena through conducted experiment method.
- Compile practice report and summarize practice results that have been conducted.
- The im plementation of Physics practices procedure:
- Register as practices participant in the beginning of semester.
- Follow practices based on determined schedules in the period of practices implementation each semester.
- Practices grade shall be provided for participants whose completed entire practices activity, that cover Practices Responsiveness, Middle Semester Examination, Practices and Practices Final Examination.
- Physics Practices course must be registered (listed) in the respective student Study Plan Card.
- The types of Basic Physics Practices could be categorized into various groups that cover the following field:
- Thermal (Thermophysics)
- Waves and Sounds
Each field consisted of several Experiment Numbers with total of 36 experiment numbers. For each Department or Faculty, practicant shall attain certain experiment numbers adjusted with curriculum in the respective Department or Faculty
Genersally, the implementation of practices performed by student, shall be ordered as the following activity:
- Theory Responsiveness and Laboratory tools usage procedures
- Uncertainty Theory Responsiveness and Practices data processing
- Middle Semester Examination (UTS)
- Practices and Demo Practices
- Final Semester Examination (UAS)